Saturday, September 10, 2011

Onward I Go

I have officially entered the blogosphere!

I don't think anyone knows how hard it is for most people to publish a book, until he or she actually makes an attempt to publish.  I mean, since there are so many books out there, it must be easy, right? 

Oh.  So.  Wrong. 

Let me just say, publishing is no easy feat!

From as far back as I can remember, I have wanted to be an author.  I remember being so excited whenever we had an assignment to write a story!  I would lose myself in the assignment, and eagerly anticipate the next time I'd have a chance to create a new character to turn in for a grade.  And even when I didn't have a writing assignment, I'd sit at my in-home computer for hours and write, just for fun.  All in all, writing is, and always has been, a great passion of mine!

Within the last couple of years, I have tried to take this passion even more seriously.  I joined the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (also known as SCBWI), joined a fabulous critique group with a number of incredibly talented ladies, and have sent out several manuscripts.  But to no avail!  I have yet to be published.

That's why I have started this blog.  This blog will be a way for me to document my progress in this business.  A way to share what I've learned, and hopefully a chance to learn more.  A chance to talk about things I've done, inspirations of mine, and road blocks I've hit on my publishing journey.  And lastly, a chance to just write, because of course, practicing a craft is the only way to get better at it. 

So again, thanks for joining me on this journey!  Hopefully it is one that will end with my name in print! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment